Thursday 9 October 2008

Some cards for a change!

I thought I better share some card ideas with you as the last two posts have been about my other love, motorbike racing.

I love this card, I made it by tying ribbon around a lolly stick, adding and embossed border and star. I punched a circle in green card, then punched around the circle with a scallop circle punch. Punch a hole in the front of the card, stick the scallop circle in green over the aperture and add the message to the inside of the card.

On this card I have embossed an acetate poinsettia by running it through the Cuttlebug. Turn the poinsettia over and fill the embossed channels with glitter glue and leave to dry. It does take a while but its worth the wait. Cover a big square card with patterned paper, adding Jelly Tots to the corners to look like brads (but no legs to hide!). Layer acetate flower to cardstock one and attach to card. Finish centre of flower with Jelly Tots and add a greeting.

I cut a giant die cut shape - scallop square - in half to create a big square card. Cover with patterned paper. Cut out snowman from die cut frame, colour with glitter glue and add some Jelly Tots. Add an embossed border to the card then the snowman, finish with embossed trees in the corner.

At the shows I get asked about my sweetie bags all the time. I will try and do some step by steps but it wont be until next week, its my Mum's birthday this weekend and I still have to make her a card!
I have used a scallop circle wrap, decorated with papers, lots of Jelly Tots and chipboard covered flower and an in circle message. Punch holes on the score line about 2cm from the edges and thread ribbon through to create a handle for your bag. Fill a cellophane bag - I used size 5 - with sweeties and attach to the back of the wrap with double sided tape. Fold front flap down and secure to bag with double sided tape. These make really lovely gifts for girls of all ages.
All the items I have used for these cards are available from Craftwork Cards website.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Fab cards! I love the ribbon tree one at the top! how clever and effective is that! brill.x