Monday 13 August 2018

Garden Treasures Stamp Set

Now to Garden Treasures Stamp Set...


There is something about wildflower designs that I just love, use the over inky backgrounds, just stamped in black for a really dramatic card or emboss them in gold, silver or even platinum for a real touch of elegance and luxury.  Either way the results look stunning.  I wanted to add some really lovely sentiments too - with a mix of picking out one or two words in a fancy font and the rest being in a plain and simple font - I just love this combination and think they lend themselves so well to the flowers.

One of my favourite designs for a card is 9 squares and so I just had to use Garden Treasures to create one.  I used an inky background that I had already created, cut the squares, pushed them together and stamp on some and over two with other designs.  I add some splats of gold paint and added pen lines around the edge of each square.



Up close to see the finer details...




I cut an inky background into a tag shape, stamped a few of the flowers and leaves in black ink for impact and added a sentiment banner.  Very simple, but it looks fabulous!



Up close to see the finer details...



I was blown away when I saw this stunning card that Emma Smith made...



The bottom of the card is stamped using Garden Treasure stamp set in black ink over this wonderful inky background.  Emma has mixed in Essential Sentiments : Hello frame and the butterfly from Beautiful Blooms - again showing how well the stamp sets mix and match and work together.

Up close to see the finer details...




My stamps are available now for pre-order from Crafts U Loveclick here and you will be whisked off to their website where I'd love you to place an order.  

For more inspiration head over to my Julie Hickey Designs Pinterest Board - Friendship Blooms - so many gorgeous ideas for you to see!

Next I will share my Heartfelt Wishes stamp set!

Julie
x

No comments: