Sunday 15 July 2018

Crafts U Love Design Team 3D Texture Fade Embossing Folders!!

Hi
I was so happy when I received my goodies from Crafts U Love this month - Ive been dying to get my hands on Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fade Embossing Folders and when it was the Botanical one! Well it just got even better as this is my absolute favourite in the range so far! I think Im in love!

Ive made a few cards to share with you today - once I started there were so many different things I wanted to make and share with you all.  I hope you like them!


I used the fabulous Thoughtful Sentiments stamp set from Creative Expressions along with my favourite die alphabet from Marianne - Collectables XXL.


I added colour to the embossing folders using Distress Ink pads - Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet and I love how they have come out.  I also did a bit of heat embossing using WOW! White Pearl and Brilliant White Embossing Powder.

So this is my card, apply ink to the flat side of the embossing folder - felt ink pads work really well.

The ink is transferred from the folder to the white card stock and creates a coloured background.  I trimmed this to size and layered onto pearlescent card stock.  The sentiment is stamped and embossed using white embossing powder and I have to say it looks amazing on that pearlescent card stock!


Up close to see the finer details.....


My second card is made the same way but uses Victorian Velvet to add the colour again to my background.  I then cut a label frame, layered 3 up together and on the last layer I swiped the frame with my embossing ink pad and then covered the frame with White Pearl embossing powder. I also die cut 'happy' using the Marianne Collectable Alphabet XXL Die and again covered them with White Pearl embossing powder.  I stamped and added 'Birthday' across the 'happy'. To finish my card I added a few silver sequins.


Up close to see the finer details...



For my third card I embossed the Botanical design on kraft card stock and then very gently wiped my embossing ink pad over the design.  I sprinkled with Rose Gold Embossing Powder and before heating I used a dry paintbrush to remove any embossing powder that had stuck where I didn't want it to be.  I then used my heat tool to melt the powder.  I wrapped twine around the panel, tied a bow to secure and added the embossed sentiment.  Simple, but in real life the embossing is stunning!


Again, up close to see the finer details...


My fourth and final card today, I did the same technique as I started with, but instead of adding coloured ink to the flat side of the embossing folder I covered it with embossing ink.  I ran it through my die cutting machine, twice to make sure I had even coverage and then covered it in Rose Gold Embossing Powder.  Tapped the excess off and cleaned up the design with a dry paintbrush before heating to melt the powder.  I tied a ribbon around the panel, tied a bow to secure and then added to front of card blank.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment and added to card using foam pads.


Up close to see the finer details...


Lot of inspiration for you today, I hope you've enjoyed seeing all my makes and will have a go yourself with the wonderful 3D Texture Fade folders - they really are amazing!

Have a great day and see you all again soon.
Julie
x









No comments: