Thursday 8 April 2010

Happy Birthday Sue!

Its my sister in law, Sue's, birthday today - so Happy Birthday Sue!  Have a fab day, lots of cards, pressies and cake.  See you soon.

Aren't these Roses gorgeous, they are from Prima and you just need one on a card and you have something very special.

I used an Elegant Rectangle from Craftwork Cards for the base card, scored on the back one only, just in from the left long edge and glued them together creating my card.

I then used scraps of Glitz N Glamour papers cut into squares and randomly placed down the centre.

I added a message, some ribbon, card candy and, of course, a rose.

Up close for the finer details.  I coloured the edges of the squares with Versa Magic, Malted Mauve love this colour, then glitter glued with silver to add some sparkle.  The rose comes decorated with the gorgeous glitter already.  Craftwork Cards will have the Roses for sale at Ally Pally this weekend.

Are you going to Ally Pally, or should I say Alexandra Palace this weekend (Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th) for the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show?  Be sure to stop by and say Hi - I will be playing with all the gorgeous Craftwork Cards products!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, Julie, I can't wait. Love those Prima flowers.

Bettythebaglady said...

Yes I wish I was there. Would loooove some of those roses. Card is great. Am still playing and experimenting with a little idea I had re card candy-not sure if it's too fiddly though. Love Betty