Sunday 15 November 2009

Weather Warning!

I was at the Glitter Pot on Friday for workshops and then a demo evening.
My day didnt start too well, the heavens opened and the rain came down like stair rods so I thought I would be a kind Mum and drop Owen at school on the way to the Glitter Pot, I have to go past it anyway.
Well the world and its wife were dropping off at school and I sat in the traffic trying to get away for a good 10 minutes.
Finally got to the M23 and got on my way, only to got about 2 miles down the road when the ambulance went roaring past me and then I saw the accident, a car on the central barrier, two wheel up on it and 2 wheels still on the road. Everyone was ok and no other cars involved and we got through it quickly enough.
Off again, only to stop about 4 miles down the road in solid traffic jam of 3 lanes of traffic. Well it was stop, start, stop, start for ages. It was due to flooding in the road further on at Handcross so only one lane could be used.
Normally it takes 30-35 minutes to get to the Glitter Pot, well today it took an 1 hour and 20 minutes and I still needed to get set up for the class!!
Got ready just in the nick of time, dead on 10:30am when the class was due to start.
The ladies loved the cards and it was really nice to see some new faces at the workshop. Of course it is also lovely to see my regular ladies too. Shared my lunch with Emma and a new lady (sorry I dont know your name) and they wanted to see how to decorate a Home Sweet Home, which I did ready for the demo evening.
The weather just go worse and worse during the morning and the rain did not let up, especially at lunch time it absolutely poured down. The wind was so strong too. The local news were giving out weather warnings saying dont go out unless you really have to 70 mile an hour gale force winds!
Needless to say that not many people did come for the demo - the weather really was dreadful.
It was lovely to see the ladies that did brave the weather and it was nice to be able to spend so much time with them explaining things and showing them different bits and pieces.
I made Bryan and Carolyn lots of new sample cards for the shop too.
Stupidly I forgot to photograph the cards from the workshop or the demo so I cant share them with you - sorry.
I will post some cards for you next week.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you next week.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Poor you, the weather was disgusting. Do we have a workshop date yet?
Linda