Monday 20 July 2009

Super Sunday

Had a fabulous day with Lynn, Gill and all the ladies that visited The Craft Box yesterday for my demo day.

I always get so spoilt when I go there and yesterday was no exception. A gorgeous prawn salad for lunch followed by lemon meringue pie and cream - makes me feel hungry just thinking about it.

When I left I was presented with a fabulous sweetie cake!






I have never seen one like this before and its wonderful. Owen and I love what we call rubbish sweets - so this is heaven for us!! He was dying to tuck in last night when I finally got home j
ust after 9pm after a terrible journey home. Sitting stationery for half an hour due to an accident and the most awful rain that even the fastest speed on the windscreen wipers couldnt cope with - fog lights on and the visibility was terrible. What did I expect it is July and the height of our Summer!

Anyway had a great time showing the ladies lots of different card ideas with Lots of Dots in Richie and Suzie colours, Best of British, Elegantly Embossed and a few other new bits that will be on the website very soon!

Lynda popped in to see me, she had been on my workshop the day before at Leeds which was also really greatm got to meet some really lovely new ladies and catch up with old friends too. Lynda had made some stunnging cards using some of the new bits she bought the day before. I will post these on
Craftwork Cards blog later this week, be sure to go have a look because they are gorgeous.

Here are some cards that I made, more to follow throughout the week. Thank you to everyone that came, I hope you had as good a day as I did.





I also have to say a huge, huge THANK YOU to Gill and Lynn for my early Birthday present that they insisted I opened.

Look what was inside .....



Not all of you may know but I have a little soft spot for a certain James Toseland who is a motorbike racer - ok a large soft spot.

Im actually going with Merv to Donnington Park Race Track on Thursday for Day of Champions where you can get up close and meet the stars and they are there to sign autographs etc. James and his band Crash will be playing throughout the day and then there is a really brilliant auction where all the money goes to Riders for Health. We went last year and had a great time and I did try and bid for a picture of James but some one else bid more.


Gill and LynnThank you so much I know how much trouble you went to to get this for me and I really do appreciate it. They had 3 pictures to choose from but Gill picked this one because she wanted to decorate the frame and knew I love all things lilac/purple and she thought the flowers would go best with James orange on his leathers! It is a very young JT but he is as lovely as ever!


It has pride of place on my wall beside my computer with all the other pictures.

No comments: