Thursday 16 July 2009

Elegantly Embossed

I love the new Elegantly Embossed 8x8 Cardstock from Craftwork Cards - being 8x8 its so so versatile. You can use it for bigger 8x8 cards covering the front completely, cover the front of a big square card and even turn it into cards - DL size or C6 (size 2).

Yesterday evening I started a Wedding Album for Carla and Brendon - its work in progress but I will show you it soon. I have covered the front, back and insides using the embossed cardstock and it looks gorgeous. I want to leave it white and highlight it with glitter glue, add ribbons, lots of flowers, crystals and then add their names and hopefully the date too.

I love the fact that you can leave the embossed cardstock white and just add some sparkle with the glitter glue or you can completely change the colour using chalks or ink pads. I always use a chalk ink pad, Versa Magic or Fluid Chalk - both work beautifully. When my ink pads are new I have found that using finger daubers helps to apply small amounts of colour.

Here is a card where I have coloured the embossed cardstock using Versa Magic ink pad. I also used White Card Candy and coloured that using the same ink pad so that everything matched.



This card has been coloured using chalks - much softer more subtle colours.



Lastly a card made from the embossed cardstock, scored and folded to make a DL size card. Decorated with stem sayings, flowers, borders. All from, you guessed it - Craftwork Cards!



Off to Leeds early in the morning for a workshop on Saturday and then I will be demonstrating at The Craft Box at Elsecar Hertitage Centre, Elsecar, South Yorkshire S74 8HJ from 10.30am through to 3:30pm. If you are in the area do pop in and say hi and see some gorgeous new goodies!

Have a great weekend and hope the sun shines for you.

No comments: