Wednesday 13 May 2009

Happy Birthday Sonya

I have been busy making a present for Sonya who works at Craftwork Cards in Leeds as today is her Birthday.



I saw this gorgeous bird house on Nicole's blog, nicholeheady.typepad.com, and just had to make one.



In fact I actually made 2 one for Sonya (pink and brown) and one for my wonderful friend, Sue (blue and brown). They are filled with my favourite chocolates, Lindor's which I know Sue loves and I hope Sonya will too!



I also made this card for Sonya using one of the embossed frames and coloured it with the glitter gel pens, applied with a wet paintbrush. It gives such a delicate effect but retains the spark
le from the glitter pens - I love it. When I took the picture of the card I had not coloured the bird but I did before I sent it.



Have a great Birthday Sonya!

7 comments:

stampingcaz said...

very cute, will have to find those birdhouses.

Thanks for the lovely card

Cazx

Mairi said...

That is so cute! Thanks for sharing

Mairi

henny rupita said...

OOoh... so cute!!

Lynn said...

What a wonderful gift Julie.
Lovely to see you again yesterday, and now I hope to have some time to play with all my new card making goodies.

Lorraine said...

Too cute Julie love the birdhouses did you buy them locally?

Helen Head said...

Hi Julie

I hope the day at Worthing went well for you and all at Craftwork Cards.
as discussed could you please see if you could send me a link to the birdhouses that you made
Thanks Helen Head

Helen Head said...

Hi Julie
this is my forth attempt so i do hope i eventually get this right.

If you have received this message 4 times i am very sorry

please can you forward me the link to the lovely birdhouses you made as discussed at Worthing on Saturday

Thanks Helen Head