Friday 15 June 2018

Friend!

Hi 
My very first blog post as a member of Crafts U Love Design Team! How exciting!

This is my card that I want to share with you all today....


I love, love, love this Alphabet die set from Marianne its simplicity is beautiful and so useful for both male and female cards, whether the recipient is young or old - it's going to look wonderful.  

I've teamed it with a gorgeous layered flower set from Creative Expressions, Layered Watercolour Blooms which I stamped using Distress Oxide ink pads in Abandoned Coral and Peeled Paint.  I embossed the centres of the flowers using WOW! Embossing Powder - Platinum which adds a gorgeous shimmer and shine to the card.

I die cut the word 'friend' from white card stock twice, one of them I coloured with abandoned coral ink, splatted with water and sprinkled platinum embossing over the water, tapped the excess off and heated to melt the powder.

I then layered each letter to a white one, off set slightly and attached across the bottom of the stamped panel.

I wiped some abandoned coral ink onto my glass mat, added some water and then splattered the background of my card, it really helped to fill in some of the white space and added some interest too.

I layered the stamped panel onto a piece of white card stock that was slightly larger and I used the abandoned coral ink pad to colour just the edges so that it matched my flowers.

I really love this card and hope that you do too.

Up close to see the details...


Can't wait to share more inspiration with you very soon using wonderful crafty goodies from Crafts U Love.

Happy crafting
Julie
x

2 comments:

anne said...

It's beautiful Julie, I love the effect on the lettering xx

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

It’s such a beautiful floral card ,
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]