Thursday 5 July 2012

Parcels!

Why is it when you need something to come in a hurry and first thing in the morning would be great too - that it doesn't even get here at all!!

I have cards part made ready to be finished with some gorgeous new products for a QVC Kit which is on air next Wednesday 11th July and these are in the parcel that has not arrived!

The other items in the parcel I have been dying to get my hands on them since I first saw the designs when Sue and Nikki started working on them and they have not arrived either!!

I have lots of projects lined up to use the new goodies with - top secret at the moment but I will still the beans as soon as I can.  I just know you are going to love them and want or should I say NEED them!

So to keep you going, here is a card I made using the embossed pad with nesting frames and cardstock ....


I love this pad there is so much you can do with it - you get so much in the pad too 54 nesting frames and 12 sheets of cardstock and Icing Sugar Candi to colour to match your frames.  The frames perfectly match our 8x8 and 6x6 shaped cards in Fanciful, Elegance and Scallop Square.  Colour the frames with dye-based ink pads, I used Distress ink pads for this one.
Use the outer edge of the sheet that the nesting frames come in onto straight edge cards and you have another 18 pieces to create with - even better value for money!  Again I coloured this frame with Distress ink pads and a blending tool.
These frames have been coloured with Brilliance ink pads to give a soft, subtle pearly finish.  I also coloured the retro flowers to match and I love the message band across the centre.

Sweet Pea collection mixes so well with the embossed frames.  I die cut the embossed cardstock and it punches beautifully too.

How could I not make a card with 9 squares on it!!  Love the combination of the papers, coloured embossed cardstock and leaving some of the cardstock white.  I have used the tiny inside shapes that you also get - so again giving another 18 pieces to play with.

Go treat yourself to this pad you will not be disappointed!

Check back soon for more scheduled posts!!

Jx

PS  How long can I keep this up???  Leave me a comment!

4 comments:

kassa said...

Your cards are really gorgeous Julie, lovin the embossed frames. I too wish your parcel would hurry up cause we're all now in in a state of 'suspenders' Tee Hee!!
Kxoxo

Enfys said...

Ooh, more yummy goodness! Lovely cards Julie
Hugs
Enfys. X

Julie Brooks said...

Lovely cards Julie, Keep up the good work on your Blog. x

sallysbitz2 said...

Hello Julie,
I am a new follower. I went to the Demo Day @ The Craft Barn & of course visited your table. I was really impressed with your demo & what you had on display.
I did go & treat myself to a pad of these die cut shapes & papers.
I have not had a play yet!

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk