Monday 3 May 2010

Using up old papers today

If you entered Craftwork Cards Card Candy Challenge be sure to stop by their blog and see if your flavour has been choosen by their Design Team as one of the 5 Best Flavours.

Todays offering features some old Crate Papers that I found to make someone a birthday present and card, not this one I hasten to add - I will reveal the present and card later in May.

I cut some diamonds from the paper and machine stitched them to a panel of contrasting paper.

Covered a scallop card with a different paper and added the stitched panel.  I stamped the message, punched it out and added the daisy charm from Hobby House Crafts.  Some punched daisies and card candy finish the card.


Up close for the finer details.  I inked everything with Versa Magic Gingerbread and then decorated with glitter glue - platinum.

I love this colour combination, really lovely and soft and subtle.  What do you think?

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi Julie, Yes I really like this card and the colours do look good and I really must have a go with the diamonds so different.
Kath x

Helena Daniels said...

Beautiful card Julie, such lovely colour combination. It is worth looking through ones old card 'stash' for inspiration isn't it.

Helena x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Lovely card Julie, if I had to pick my favourite paper from this card it would be the panel of blue, having said that I do love all the other papers too!!

I've checked out the Craftwork Cards blog, sadly I'm not one of the lucky 5, but I've voted for my favourite already....

Tina
X

SaggiSoo said...

Hi Julie

Lovely card with the diamonds and stitching. Love the soft tones of colour.

Sue x

simplyfairies said...

I love it.....

Lynda said...

As always - it's beautiful!

Love Lynda xxx