Monday 27 August 2018

Bank Holiday Inky Fun!

Hi 
Hope you have all enjoyed the bank holiday weekend - as per usual the weather wasn't so good so I decided to take advantage of it and have a little play in my cabin creating some inky backgrounds.

I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxides which I absolutely love - they are so creamy, they blend and layer so well and every time I just love the results!

Once I start I just can't stop!  I actually have to limit myself to a certain number of sheets of watercolour card and just wipe up the ink sometimes as I could just keep on going!


I also saw a card on Pinterest a while a go where the background was made up of circles and I wanted to try it. I just used a sponge and altered the pressure I used when stamping it out.  I then added splats of watered down ink and I was quite pleased with the result - it looked nothing like the beautiful card that inspired me!



I then stamped with my Essential Sentiments : Thinking of You Stamp Set, using just the flower from the set.  I added in the sentiment from my Essential Sentiments : Happy Birthday Stamp Set.
Tied twine around my panel and sprinkled some sequins on to finish the card that I layered onto black card stock before attaching to my card blank.
The colours I used for this card Distress Oxide : Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Wild Honey


Up close to see the finer details...


And a little more...


I only managed to make another card from all those backgrounds, ran out of time!
I used one of the slim panels and stamped with my Garden Treasures Stamp Set, just in black ink, added a sentiment and layered onto black card stock before attaching to my card. A few sequins sprinkled around and the card is done! Simples - said like a meerkat!
The ink I used for this card was Distress Oxide - Seedless Preserves


Up close to see the finer details...


And a little more...


Hope you like the cards - which is your favourite? Why?

If you would like to treat yourself to any of my Julie Hickey Design stamps they are available from Crafts U Love, click here to see my full Summer Blooms Collection!

Have a great week
Julie
x

1 comment: